Friday 1 February 2008

Dunvant Brickworks Part 2

A few shots of the remains of the brickworks as some of the ones on the first post are quite blurred.
The old railway tunnel cut through about 50 meters of rock, now bricked up with small gaps creating a sanctuary for Bats.
Some kind of bunker now sealed off.
The overflow from the Brickworks pond.
The brickworks pond and the remains of the park bench and stand for the life buoy, which were vandalized beyond repair shorty after being put there.
I thought this tree growing sideways in one of the ponds looked like something out of Aliens.
And finally bright yellow fungus that was growing on a few dead trees.

3 comments:

Chris E said...

Great pictures Dan - I really will have to take a look down there sometime soon myself

The Chippbutty said...

Terrific shots Dan. I used to fish that pond when I was a kid, and found a body in there once!
There was a tunnel that ran east to west to connect the works with the quarry on the other side of the road embankment. A narrow gauge railroad went through it. Your photo I think shows the tunnel from the works south towards Dunvant station. I guess it's changed a bit with nature reclaming her own.

Jakkar said...

There's some fairly good, vibrant orange grafitti on the concrete seal on the rainway tunnel now. Bats. That explains the gap. Thankye!

- Jack of Copperopolis